Planning & Zoning
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
As a response to COVID-19 and the need to limit personal contact between City staff and the public, the City of Spring Hill and the Planning Department has issued the following guidelines and shall remain in effect until further notice. If you plan to submit an application to the Spring Hill Planning Department for an upcoming agenda, please note the following:
- As of May 18, 2020, the Planning Offices are open and following social distancing procedures. All applications and revisions should be dropped off at our office. For the protection of staff, visitors, and citizens of Spring Hill, the City recommends that all visitors wear a mask or some type of facial covering upon entry into the building.
- All pre-application and staff level meetings will continue to be held virtually through Microsoft Teams. If you are interested in scheduling a meeting with staff, please contact Planning Staff.
- Applications are to be submitted in person. If not able to submit in person, paper copies will need to be mailed and should arrive no later than the application deadlines. Failing to meet this requirement will defer your application to the following month. Emailed applications will not be accepted at this time.
- As of February 2021, all Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals meetings will be held in person at City Hall (199 Town Center Parkway). Meetings will be live-streamed but will not allow virtual participation. The public is encouraged to attend the live meetings.
- Public Comments can still be provided through the PCPublicComment@springhilltn.org and BOZAPublicComment@springhilltn.org email addresses. Comments will be included in their respective published packets and provided to the Commission/Board members before their scheduled meeting. Comments will not be read publicly at the meeting. The public is encouraged to attend the live meetings to provide their comments.
If you have any questions about the application submittal process or other matters involving the Planning Department, please contact the Planning Department at 931-486-2252 ext. 255.
Planning & Zoning Department Responsibilities
The City of Spring Hill Planning Department is responsible for administering the land use process within the areas of the city. The office is the public point of entry for subdivision, zoning change, conditional use, special use exception, and accessory use requests.
The City of Spring Hill Planning Department supports the City’s Planning Commission and Board of Mayor and Aldermen on land use applications submitted to City government. The department manages all land use applications and schedules public hearings on subdivision, zoning, or other land use requests.
2021 Planning Commission Calendar
2020 Planning Commission Calendar
Bicycle and Greenway Plan with Design Guidelines
Board of Zoning Appeals Application
Crossings Circle Transportation Study
Fire Apparatus Turning Diagram
Major Thoroughfare Plan
Major Thoroughfare Plan - Map
Planning Commission Applications
Plat Certificates for Subdivisions
Open Records Request Form
Small Cell Permit Application
Spring Hill Interactive GIS
"Spring Hill Rising" 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Traffic Impact Study Requirements
Unified Development Code
UDC User Manual
USPS Mail Delivery